Many clients have asked what they need to bring to the bank in order to obtain a home loan.
These are some of the necessary things you will need to start the process.
- 2 months’ bank statements on all accounts, including 401k
- Most current pay check stubs showing the last 30 days
- Last two years’ W2 forms
- Federal tax returns (1040’s) for the last two years
- If you are renting, please have name, address and telephone number for each landlord during the past 2 years.
- Current photo ID - Driver's License will work
If you are self-employed:
- Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement
- Corporate or Partnership tax returns (if you own more than 25% of a business)
If you are Divorced or have Child Support Payments:
- Receipt for child support payments
- Copy of Divorce Settlement - all pages
These documents are a start for the process but your loan officer will review and may ask for additional items.